Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ikaria Experiment: Day 2

I started the day with some homemade bread and date honey with a small glass of goats milk. Such a simple breakfast was much more filling than I had initially expected!

After breakfast I set out (7 minutes late) on my 1.5 mile walk to work. I listened to music and said hi to everyone I passed. A lot of people see me daily, so it's nice to have faces fit into my morning routine.

My work day went on as usual and I started getting hungry around 10am. Below is what I brought for the day. At this point I reached for the mixed nuts and olives.


I also brought a peach, some flat bread I had made the day before and my leftover Soufiko. At 1pm I sat outside with a friend and chatted and snacked.
Perhaps I packed too much? By 3pm I had been grazing all day and was stuffed. 

I walked back home, cleaned a bit, put away some dishes, changed into "unwork clothes" and called my Mom. I spent an hour on the phone walking around and enjoying the last hours of daylight. 

By the time I got home for good, I was mildly hungry again. I fixed a small plate of veggies with some bread and wine.


We chatted and watched our favorite show (Jeopardy) until Monday won and it was time for bed.

Day 2 - Trying to make this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment