Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ikarian Experiment: Day 5

By this morning I was craving my routine. Goats milk, tea and a large piece of bread with date honey.

For lunch I brought pretty much what I always bring: mixed nuts, bread, honey, olives, a peach and some sort of left over.

The peach was one of the most intensly flavored peaches I'd ever seen!



For lunch I was excited to have the last of my beet salad. Yum! So refreshing :)

When I came home from work we went on a walk which turned into a run to the grocery store for more bottled water. The run felt great. Over all I did about 3 miles to and from work, 1 mile walk and .75 mile run. Almost 5 miles :)

As soon as I got home I could not wait to get some food in my stomach! I had leftover soup and I swear it was even better than the previous day. Obviously, I had bread as well.


Later that evening some friends invited us out for a drink and some sushi. I never go out on week nights. I love my nightly relaxation routine and HATE feeling tired at work (almost as much as I hate being cold). In the spirit of bringing an Ikarian lifestyle to my little city, I agreed to join them. 

We stayed out laughing and drinking wine until almost 11. I'm usually asleep at 11. I probably had three glasses of wine which is much more than I usually drink. It was fun but I seriously don't know how the Ikarians do it. No lie, the next morning was brutal. I probably won't be indulging in this aspect of Going Greek again.

But overall, I'm glad I went. I'll suffer through my Friday morning with lots of tea and date honey and try to focus on the parts of my body that are thanking me for supposedly enhancing their wellbeing :)

Day 5 - I will succeed! Well fed, relaxed but tired :)


No comments:

Post a Comment