Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ikarian Experiment: Day 4

I had so much fun being social and not concerned about time that I completely missed writing this post. Clearly someone is enjoying being more laid back!

Yesterday morning I started with a breakfast of more homemade bread and date honey and a cold glass of goat's milk.


Followed by a 1.5 mile walk in some intense humidity to work.

Here is what I brought to eat for the day:
Same as usual. Leftover beet salad, olives, nuts, a peach and bread. Each item is simple, but bursting with natural, complex flavors. Yum!

I sat at my desk and enjoyed some of the bread with honey.


After work, I walked back 1.5 miles in a thunder storm. It was scary but I tried to enjoy the breeze and the cooling of the air, and the overall feeling that something bigger than me and out of my control was looming. I was so glad to get home though.
When I walked in the door I felt like cooking. I whipped up a quick snack of bread (addicted) and goat cheese. Looking at the fridge I kind of felt like I was running out of food. I realized I had just cooked all of the things I was initially excited about. The rest of the recipes were a little more creative. I started working on making some soup.



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup lentils
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 6 big carrots
  • optional shitake mushrooms
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 6 stalks celery
  • parsley
  • 1 onion

Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and add the lentils. Let this cook for about 1.5 hours. Cook with a lid.

Mince garlic and add to pot.

Chop up the veggies and greens and allow them to soak in a white vinegar/water mixture as a cleaning solution.


After the lentils are done, add in the rest of the veggies and allow it to simmer for another hour.


Enjoy!

For dinner I had a small helping of soup and some wine. I will probably be eating off of it for a while... it was deeelish!



Day four - Loving all the fresh food I'm eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment